Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches

Yields: 8 sandwiches

• For the ice cream:
  • 1 can coconut milk, full fat
  • 3 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or other dark chocolate chips)
  • For the sandwich:
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut/seed butter)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt

Combine coconut milk, honey, and vanilla in a food processor or blender.

Pour mixture into a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk in egg yolks.

Continue whisking until mixture comes to a low boil.

Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Transfer mixture to a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

When ice cream is almost ready, make crust by mixing all crust ingredients until well combined.

Divide mixture in half.

Take one half of crust mixture and press into the bottom of a bread pan (9x5 or similar size). Refrigerate the remaining half.

Stir chocolate chips into ice cream mixture.

Pour ice cream mixture over bottom crust layer and place in freezer until completely hardened.

Once hardened, press remaining crust evenly over ice cream layer.

Return to freezer for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars.

Enjoy!

• Preparation time: 15 minutes

Comments

1. Hailee says

Happy Birthday, Taylor! These look great! How frozen does the ice cream need to be? Should it still be somewhat liquid for a pouring?

2. says

i am so excited for my 22nd birthday (two years away…) just so i can belt out that taylor swift song. i’m pretty sure i wouldn’t stop singing it all day and people would hate me. but i could just give them these ice cream sandwiches and they couldn’t hate me because they look so. freakin. good. !

3. says

Happy Birthday! This ice cream sandwich recipe sounds a lot easier than some of the others I’ve seen. I’m pretty pumped to try it this weekend! Thanks for all you do!

4. Virginia G says

Happy birthday! I love Nashville, and my best friend lives in Brentwood, so I can’t believe I’ve never heard of this place! The next time I can get there (I’m currently living in S. Korea), this place will be #1 on my list!

5. says

Happy birthday! I totally sang that song all day when I turned 22 (a little over a year ago) so if it’s inappropriate then I’m right there with you. 23 is a little less exciting because the only song lyric (that I know of) that talks about being 23 is from Blink 182- What’s My Age Again and it says that nobody likes you when you’re 23. So cherish 22 :)

6. Jessica says

I’m excited to try this recipe! I can’t have egg whites and have been looking all over for a good ice cream recipe without it! Once my Dr. let’s me have sugar again, I will be enjoying this!