The Perfect Blueberry Muffins

• 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 cup tapioca flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 7 tbs grass-fed butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup coconut sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup mashed bananas (I used about 4 small bananas)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with paper or silicon liners.

In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda.

In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, and vanilla.

Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well-combined.

Fold in blueberries.

Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (mine filled all the way up)

Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.

Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

• Preparation time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 20 minutes
  • Total time: 25 minutes

Comments

1. Kerri B says

Your post made me really laugh outloud today….especially the part about the snowstorm… Clevelander here so the “ees okay” about the weather was hilarious! Love your blog and ebook!

2. says

I didn’t watch the bachelor this season, but listening to my friends talk about the finale was enough to tell me what happened. “Ees okay” throughout your post was really funny. Those muffins look really good. I don’t have any other flour except for wheat flour, so maybe I’ll try some with that.

3. Amelia Petrie says

These are FABULOUS!! Just made them for my mostly paleo son and his paleo exploring Dad…and they went down a treat…thank you Taylor! From a very happy follower in the UK xx

4. says

Hi Taylor,
    I love these muffins! They look soo good. A quick q that i’m sure you’ve answered before BUT, how do you stop the liners from sticking? I find that I always seem to lose half my muffin because its stuck to the liner and then I look like i’m eating paper…
    Thanks!

• Emily says

Have you tried parchment paper muffin cups? I use the “if you care” unbleached ones (can order them on amazon or if you’re lucky like me your local grocery store will have them). I’ve used it with coconut flour, almond flour, etc and nothing really sticks.

5. Kyla says

Perhaps a silly question, but I’ve made the Chunky Monkey Muffins, and I LOVE them. However, they do taste pretty banana-y. Do these have that banana taste? Or do they taste more like a regular blueberry muffin??

• Margaret says

I used applesauce instead of banana and they came out great. I also reduced the coconut sugar to 1/4 cup, and used half butter half coconut oil.

Trackbacks