Red Wine Chocolate Truffles
Yields: 15 truffles
- 8 oz Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used a red blend)
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, softened
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Place chocolate chips in a small bowl.
Bring wine to a low boil over medium heat.
Pour wine over chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
Stir in butter.
Allow mixture to sit until it becomes firm enough to roll into balls, stirring every 5-10 minutes (this takes a total of about an hour).
Set aside cocoa powder in a small bowl.
Once chocolate is firm, roll into small balls.
Toss each truffle into cocoa powder to coat, then place in a colander to shake off excess cocoa.
**Store in refrigerator to keep longer
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes