Banana Bread Coffee Cake

• 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • sea salt to taste
  • 5 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup banana, mashed (green tip for 21DSD)
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • For the topping:
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 5 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter)
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil.

In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.

Next, make your topping by combining almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and sea salt until you get a crumbly consistency.

Sprinkle topping evenly over cake.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.

Eat with coffee. Just kidding, you don't have to.

• Preparation time: Banana Bread Coffee Cake
  • Cook time: 10 minutes
  • Total time: 30 minutes

Comments

1. says

Can I sub in sunflower seed flour and butter in place of the almond flour and butter? I’ve recently developed an issue with nuts, and am trying to avoid them completely.

2. Hannah says

This is crazy news to me! In England coffee cake does contain coffee. I may well add some to this recipe :)

3. Claire says

You are hilarious! Love reading every post.
    Also your food obviously makes me drool errrrtime. You pretty much rock.
    That’s all.

4. Kerry Ann Clock says

Made this for Paleo Monday at work. OMG, people demanded the recipe! LOL! So good, Taylor!!!

5. Sue says

Just want to clarify, between steps 3 and 4 you mix steps 2 and 3 (dry and wet ingredients) together? You might want to update ;)
    2.In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
    3.In a separate bowl, mix eggs, banana, coconut oil, and vanilla until well combined.
    4.Pour mixture into pan and spread with a spatula to make sure the entire pan is evenly coated.
    I’m going to the kitchen to make this right now to have with my coffee!! Thanks for the post!

• says

Thank you for your quick reply! I really appreciated the second opinion! I tried it and it is delicious! I used a kabocha squash which has a lot of natural sweetness and added a few pumpkin pie spices. Love your topping too – I used homemade sunbutter and it was very good.

Trackbacks